GLA Population Projections - Custom Age Tables
This Excel based tool enables users to query the raw single year of age data so that any age range can easily be calculated without having to carry out often complex, and time consuming formulas that could also be open to human error. Each year the GLA demography team produce sets of population projections.
The full raw data by single year of age (SYA) and gender are available as Datastore packages at the links below.
How to use the tool
Simply select the lower and upper age range for both males and females (starting in cell C3) and the spreadsheet will return the total population for the range.
Find out more about GLA population projections on the GLA Demographic Projections page
BOROUGH PROJECTIONS - 2016-based population projections (published July 2017)
- Central Trend-based projection (using a 10-year migration scenario)
- Short-term Trend-based projection (using a 5-year migration scenario)
- Long-term Trend-based projection (using a 15-year migration scenario)
- Housing-linked projection incorporating data from the 2013 SHLAA (consistent with the interim 2015 central trend model published February 2017). This projection will be updated to include the 2016 mid-year estimate and the 2017 SHLAA in Novmeber 2017.
WARD PROJECTIONS - Interim 2015-based population projections (published February 2017).
- Ward-level projections consistent with the borough housing-led model. This projection will be updated to include the 2016 mid-year estimate and the 2017 SHLAA in Novmeber 2017.
ETHNIC GROUP PROJECTIONS - 2015 Round (Published November 2016).
The ethnic group projections will be updated to be consistent with the 2016-based borough projections in November 2017.
Data & Resources
|Author||GLA Intelligence Unit|
|Maintainer||Opinion Research and General Statistics (GLA) (email@example.com)|
|Licence||Open UK Open Government Licence (OGL v2)|