This Excel based tool enables users to query the raw single year of age data so that any age range can easily be calculated without having to carry out often complex, and time consuming formulas that could also be open to human error. Each year the GLA demography team produce sets of population projections.
The full raw data by single year of age (SYA) and gender are available as Datastore packages at the links below.
How to use the tool
Simply select the lower and upper age range for both males and females (starting in cell C3) and the spreadsheet will return the total population for the range.
Find out more about GLA population projections on the GLA Demographic Projections page
2019-based projections (published November 2020)
- Central range (upper bound)
- Central range (lower bound)
- Low population variant
- High population variant
2016-based projections (published July 2017)
- Housing-linked projection incorporating data from the 2016 SHLAA
- Ward-level projections consistent with the borough housing-led model
- Ethnic group projections consistent with the borough housing-led model (50MB file)
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.