Created 7 months ago, updated 4 months ago
Time series of official annual live birth estimates for local authority disticts and selected higher geographies in England and Wales from 1991-92 owards.
- ONS mid-year population estimates components of change - local authority births for mid-year periods from 2001-2 onward
- Births and deaths by Lower Super Output Area (LSOA), England and Wales, 1991 to 1992 to 2016 to 2017 - ad hoc release of births by (2011) LSOA for mid-year periods from 1991-92 to 2016-17
- Live births in England and Wales for small geographic areas - births by (2011) LSOA for calendar year period from 2013 onward.
While calendar year births data for local authorities is available for local earlier periods from the ONS website, this data has not yet been included here due to the complications caused by:
- the lack of geography codes accompanying the data for the years of interest
- the decision to combine data for Hackney and City of London, and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- inconsistent formatting of the published tables
A respository of the code used to collate these data is available on GitHub at: https://github.com/Greater-London-Authority/collate-birth-data
This data is used as an input to Modelled estimates of recent births
Request Access to Annual birth estimates
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.