Description and Purpose
This slide deck provides a high-level overview of major inequalities issues affecting Londoners in a ready-to-use accessible powerpoint and PDF format.
Our hope is that this can :
(1) be used as a platform for partnership work on inequalities across the capital
(2) help highlight key gaps in intelligence that would help improve our understanding of inequalities
(3) be used as a tool to advocate for the need for action to address health inequalities in London.
This is however only a snapshot of inequalities in London and not intended to comprehensively cover all inequalities issues affecting London, every inequality dimension or factor driving inequalities in London
This is a resource intended for health leaders, analysts, officers, and policy makers from local and regional government, integrated care systems, NHS, academia, VCS organisations and partners across London to support their work to address inequalities by helping
(1) Frame discussions with system partners
(2) Engage communities
(3) Identify data sources on a given topic
(4) Advocate for the need for action to address health inequalities
Development of the resource
Greater London Authority (GLA) Health, GLA City Intelligence Unit, Office for Health Improvement and Disparities London (OHID), Association of Directors of Public Health London (ADPH), NHSE and Institute of Health Equity (IHE) have collaboratively produced this report, as part of the Building the Evidence (BTE) programme of work
The sources of data available and topics included have been identified from existing published data, working in partnership through iterative discussion
There is no current plan for periodic updates of this resource, though this will be discussed on completion of this programme of work
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.