The London Development Database (LDD) records significant planning permissions in London.
The data is entered by London's planning authorities, and is checked by the GLA to ensure consistency across London. The LDD records any planning consent that permits one or more of the following:
- any new build residential units
- any loss or gain of residential units through change of use or conversion of existing dwellings
- creation of seven or more new bedrooms for use as either a hotel, a hostel, student housing or for residential care through new build or change of use
- 1,000m2 or more of floor space changing from one use class to another or created through new build or extension for any other use
- the loss or gain or change of use of open space.
Note that the LDD is being replaced and this data set is no longer being updated. For more information please see the Planning London Datahub.
The spreadsheet LDD - Planning permissions includes details of all permissions either currently recorded as live (not started or under construction), completed since 01/04/2006 or permitted since 01/04/2006 and subsequently superseded or lapsed. LDD - Non-residential floorspace provides additional details of the non-residential floor space for those permissions with a non-residential component and LDD - non-residential bedrooms provides additional details of the non-C3 bedrooms over the same time period.
Request Access to Planning permissions on the London Development Database (LDD)
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.