The LAEI 2016 is the latest version of the London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory and replaces previous versions of the inventory.
Emissions estimates of key pollutants (NOx, PM10, PM2.5 and CO2) by source type are included for the base year 2016. Emissions for previous years 2010 and 2013 have also been recalculated, using the latest data sources (emission factors, activity data, ...) and methodology.
Emissions projected forward to 2020, 2025, and 2030 will be available soon.
The area covered by the LAEI includes Greater London (the 32 London boroughs and the City of London), as well as areas outside Greater London up to the M25 motorway.
These emissions have been used to estimate ground level concentrations of key pollutants NOx, NO2, PM10 and PM2.5 across Greater London for year 2016, using an atmospheric dispersion model. Air pollutant concentration maps and associated datasets are available for download.
Due to the size of the LAEI database, datasets have been zipped and need to be downloaded in several parts.
UPDATE 03/07/19 - The concentration maps and associated data (including population and school exposure data) have been reissued following a minor issue with the previous dataset. Please read the following note for further information: Updated LAEI 2016 Concentration Maps and Associated Data - July 2019 (.PDF - 146kB).
- LAEI 2016 Methodology document (.PDF - 2.8MB)
- Regional Background Concentrations Update (.PDF - 646.3KB)
- Supporting Information - GIS geographies (.ZIP - 31.8MB)
- Supporting Information - Road Traffic Data - Excel (.ZIP - 211.9MB)
- Supporting Information - Road Traffic Data - GIS (.ZIP - 45.5MB)
- Emissions - Data - Excel Files (.ZIP - 20.9MB)
- Emissions - Data - GIS Files (.ZIP - 18.1MB)
- Emissions - Summary Dashboards (.ZIP - 41 KB)
- Emissions – Data – Excel files – Other pollutants (.ZIP - 4.7 MB)
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - Major Roads - Excel (.ZIP - 340.2KB)
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - Minor Roads & Cold Start - Excel (.ZIP - 25.8KB)
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - GIS (.ZIP - 436.9KB)
- Concentrations - Data - ASCII Files (.ZIP - 86.4MB)
- Concentrations - Data - Excel Files (.ZIP - 139.2MB)
- Concentrations - Maps - PDF Files (.ZIP - 10.9MB). Update 03/04/19 - Note that the map of PM 2.5 annual mean concentrations for 2016 has been added to the zip file.
- Concentrations - Data - GIS Files (.ZIP - 126.4MB). Includes GIS files in ESRI format to visualise the concentrations in a GIS software (ArcGIS).
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.