PublishersOffice for National Statistics (ONS)
Smallest GeographyLocal Authority
- Updated 5 months agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Economic activity rates broken down by gender. The economically active population comprises those who are either employed or unemployed and excludes those who are economically inactive. The data are taken from the Annual Population Survey, produced by the Office for National Statistics.
- Updated 7 months agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Estimates of personal well-being from the Annual Population Survey (APS) Well-being dataset. Data shows life satisfaction, how worthwhile people feel, whether people were happy yesterday, and how anxious people were yesterday. Subjective personal well-being average scores by borough and region, covering life satisfaction, happiness, worthwhileness and anxiety. For more information visit the well-being pages of the ONS website.
- Updated 8 months agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Table showing numbers of people who work in an area by public/private sector and whether full-time or part-time. Data from Business Register Employment Survey (BRES, ONS) Employment is defined as employees plus working proprietors Figures may not add up due to rounding. Figures are rounded to the nearest thousand and to one decimal place. For example 2.4 is equal to 2,400 employment, and represents a figure in the range 2,350 - 2,449. ...
- Updated 10 months agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)This dataset contains healthy life expectancy and disability-free life expectancy by gender, from birth and age 65. Health life expectancy is defined as the average number of years a person aged 'x' would live in good/fairly good health if he or she experiences the particular area's age-specific mortality and health rates throughout their life. Disability-free life expectancy is defined as the average number of years a person aged 'x'...
- Updated a year agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Data shows the number of businesses (local units such as a factory or a shop) by Broad Industry Groups. Analyses are provided for VAT and/or PAYE based enterprises and local units. Where an enterprise has several local units, the location of the enterprise is generally the main operating site or the head office. The SIC groupings changed in 2009 when SIC2007 was used for the first time. Since 2008 the publication has been enhanced to...
- Updated a year agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Estimates of London's population between 1801 and 2001 (persons present 1801 to 1991 and residents for 2001 onwards) derived from historic Census data. Sources: years to 1971 - Greater London Council Research Memorandum 413, The Changing Population of the London Boroughs; 1981 Census Small Area Statistics, Table 1; 1991 Census Small Area Statistics, Table 1. Figure for Year-1939 is a mid-year estimate for the year 1939. Figure for Year-...
- Updated a year agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)
- Updated 5 years agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Life expectancy at birth and age 65 by sex. Data for 2000-2002 to 2008-2010 revised on 24 July 2013. Local authorities based on boundaries as of 2010. England and Wales figures - non-resident deaths included. Figures given for 3 combined years to increase reliability at local levels. UK data: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnational-health4/life-expec-at-birth-age-65/index.html Download more from ONS website
- Updated 7 years agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Number and percentage of dwellings by tenure, and type of dwelling, including condition. Download data from NeSS Website
- Created 7 years agoOffice for National Statistics (ONS)Detailed Country of birth, by borough from the 2011 Census. Most detailed country of birth (274 countries), by borough. Data taken from 2011 Census Commissioned table CT0048 (ONS). Source: 2011 Census (27 March). File contains two tables of the same data with boroughs arranged down the side and along the top. Visualise the data in this Instant Atlas report. Similar data to this at ward level is available in this census tool.