London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (LAEI) 2013
The LAEI 2013 is the latest version of the London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory and replaces the previous versions.
The LAEI 2013 was published in 2016. However, due to revised road transport emission factors (COPERT 5) the data has been further updated in April 2017 (see 4.1 and 6.1)
Estimates of key pollutants (NOx, PM10, PM2.5 and CO2) are included for the base year 2013 and projected forward to 2020, 2025, and 2030. Emissions for previous years 2008 and 2010 are also provided, to allow comparison with previous versions of the LAEI.
The LAEI area covers the 32 London Boroughs and the City of London and up to the M25 motorway
Due to the size of the LAEI database this dataset has been zipped and needs to be downloaded in several parts.
0 - Documentation (.ZIP - 17.8 MB) - NEW
LAEI 2013 Methodology
1 - Supporting Information (.ZIP - 678.1 MB)
Key GIS geographies and road traffic flows and vehicle-kilometres.
2 - Grid Emissions Summary
Emissions by 1km grid square and source, for each inventory year as well as pivot tables to calculate borough and zone level statistics. Data is in Excel, Mapinfo and ArcGIS format.
- Excel Files (.ZIP - 131.8MB) - 14/04/16 Update - Please note that the Excel files have been updated, and now include an additional Pivot Table providing a summary of Road Transport emissions by Borough. 26/01/2017 Update - Please note that Emissions Summary for other pollutants has now been added to this section.
- GIS (Mapinfo) Files - (.ZIP - 212.5 MB) - 21/11/2016 Update - Please note that the Road Transport files for PM10 Major Roads have been updated.
- GIS (ArcGIS) Files - (.ZIP - 269.6 MB) - 21/11/2016 Update - Please note that the Road Transport files for PM10 Major Roads have been updated.
3 - Detailed Road Transport
Road transport emissions by vehicle type at link level for major roads and grid level for minor roads and cold start emissions.
- Major Roads - 2008 - Link Level (.XLSX - 352.8 MB)
- Major Roads - 2010 - Link Level (.XLSX - 364.8 MB)
- Major Roads - 2013 - Link Level (.XLSX - 332.2 MB)
- Major Roads - 2020 - Link Level (.XLSX - 363.4 MB)
- Major Roads - 2025 - Link Level (.XLSX - 361.2 MB)
- Major Roads - 2030 - Link Level (.XLSX - 373.2 MB)
- Minor Roads and Cold Start Emissions - All Years - Grid Level (.ZIP - 51.2 MB)
Emissions for LAEI 2013 Updated to follow soon.
4 - Concentrations (.ZIP - 1.6 GB)
Modelled 2013, 2020, 2025 and 2030 concentrations of NO2, NOx, PM10, PM10d and PM2.5 at 20m grid level. 04/04/17 - Please note that new LAEI 2013 Updated concentration files have now been included (see 4.1)
Due to the size of this database we recommend working on a local drive rather than over a network.
4.1. Concentrations LAEI 2013 Update (.ZIP - 767.837 KB) - NEW
Modelled 2013 and 2020 concentrations of NO2, NOx, PM10, PM10d and PM2.5 at 20m grid level. 04/04/2017 - Please note this file contains updated revised LAEI 2013 concentration data which should now replace files previously provided for 2013 and 2020.
5 - Slides Presentations (.ZIP - 8.182 KB)
21/04/2016 - Please note that these slides have been added as a result of the LAEI 2013 Workshop on 14/04/2016
- LAEI2013Workshop_DataStructure - Description of the data structure in the LAEI2013
- LAEI2013Workshop_Trends - LAEI2013. Trends and comparisons
- LAEI2013Workshop_Focus Areas - Focus Areas Indentification Update
- LAEI2013Workshop_EmissionsFunctions - Emissions functions problems. Developing new ones
6 - Greater London Concentration Maps - Images of NO2, PM10, PM10d and PM2.5 for all LAEI years at Greater London level. 04/04/17 - Please note that new LAEI 2013 Updated concentration maps have now been included (see 6.1)
Maps at borough level can be found in the LLAQM bespoke borough by borough 2013 air quality modelling and data, here
6.1 - Greater London concentration Maps LAEI 2013 Update (.ZIP - 424.442 KB) - NEW
Images of NO2, PM10, PM10d and PM2.5 for 2013 and 2020 Updated LAEI at Greater London level. 04/04/2017 - Please note this file contains updated revised LAEI 2013 concentration maps/images which should now replace images previously provided for 2013 and 2020.
Data & Resources
|Author||Greater London Authority|
|Maintainer||Air Quality Team (GLA) (Elliot.Treharne@london.gov.uk)|
|Licence||Open UK Open Government Licence (OGL v2)|
|Update Frequency||Ad hoc|
|Smallest Geography||1km Grid Squares|