The LAEI 2019 is the latest version of the London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory and replaces previous versions of the inventory.
Emissions estimates of key pollutants (NOx, PM10, PM2.5 and CO2) by source type are included for the base year 2019. Emissions for previous years 2013 and 2016 have also been revised, using the latest data sources (emission factors, activity data, ...) where available, and changes in methodology where relevant.
Emissions projected forward to 2025 and 2030 will be available soon.
The area covered by the LAEI includes Greater London (the 32 London boroughs and the City of London), as well as areas outside Greater London up to the M25 motorway.
These emissions have been used to estimate ground level concentrations of key pollutants NOx, NO2, PM10 and PM2.5 across Greater London for year 2019, using an atmospheric dispersion model. Air pollutant concentration maps and associated datasets are available for download.
Due to the size of the LAEI database, datasets are provided in several parts and provided as ZIP files.
- LAEI Summary Note (.PDF - 2.0 MB)
Supporting Information Key GIS geographies and road traffic flows and vehicle-kilometres for 2019 for each vehicle type. Data are provided in Excel and GIS formats.
- Supporting Information - GIS geographies (.ZIP - 2.5 MB)
- Supporting Information - Road Traffic Data - Excel (.ZIP - 22.4 MB)
- Supporting Information - Road Traffic Data - GIS (.ZIP - 9.7 MB)
Grid Emissions Summary This dataset includes emissions of key pollutants NOx, PM10, PM2.5 and CO2, and a range of additional pollutants (SO2, CH4, VOC...) in tonnes/year for 2013, 2016 and 2019 for each source category at a 1km grid square resolution (further split to follow all London borough boundaries). It includes emission summary tables for London boroughs and London zones (Central / Inner / Outer London). Data are provided in Excel and GIS formats.
- Update 26 07 2022 : Please note that emission totals have been slightly revised to correct emissions for Rail and Construction NRMM Exhaust (for CO2) and Industrial / Commercial Heat and Power sources (for all pollutants). Please refer to the Emissions - Data - Excel File below for further information.
- Emissions - Data - Excel Files (.ZIP - 58.5 MB)
- Emissions - Data - GIS Files (.ZIP - 66.4 MB)
- Emissions - Summary Dashboards (.ZIP - 338 KB)
Detailed Road Transport Road transport NOx, PM10, PM2.5 and CO2 emissions in 2019 by vehicle type. PM emissions include split by exhaust, break wear and tyre wear. This data is provided at link level for major roads. Data are provided in several GIS formats.
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - Major Roads - Geopackage GPKG (.ZIP - 157.4 MB)
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - Major Roads - Mapinfo TAB (.ZIP - 124.7 MB)
- Emissions - Detailed Road Transport - Major Roads - ESRI SHP (.ZIP - 142.3 MB)
Concentrations This dataset includes modelled 2019 ground level concentrations of annual mean NOx, NO2, PM10 and PM2.5 in µg/m3 (microgramme per cubic metre) at 20m grid resolution. For PM10, it also includes the number of daily means exceeding 50 µg/m3. Data are provided in CSV, GIS (ESRI) and PDF formats.
- Concentrations - Data - ASCII Files (.ZIP - 132.2 MB)
- Concentrations - Data - Excel Files (.ZIP - 180.4 MB)
- Concentrations - Maps - PDF / Image Files (.ZIP - 31.0 MB).
- Concentrations - Data - GIS Files (.ZIP - 95.4 MB). Includes GIS files in ESRI format to visualise the concentrations in a GIS software (ArcGIS).
Population Exposure These datasets include estimations of the number of Londoners and number of schools, hospitals and care homes in London exposed to an annual average NO2 concentration above the Air Quality Strategy objective of 40µg/m3 and PM2.5 concentration above the interim WHO Guideline of 10µg/m3, based on the modelled 2019 ground level concentrations. A comparison with previous 2016 concentrations modelled for the LAEI 2016 inventory is also provided.
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.