Public Health England (PHE) publish daily updated data on confirmed cases of COVID-19. This note provides a summary of the key data for London from this release alongside related data published by NHS and Office of National Statistics (ONS).
This update contains data on COVID-19 on:
- Cases reported in the Public Health England Coronavirus (COVID-19) dashboard, last updated on 12 April 2021, including:
- Data on the number of cases identified daily through Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 testing at the national, regional and local authority level.
- Cases by age and sex
- Data on the number of COVID-19 patients in Hospital
- The number of people who have been vaccinated for COVID-19, published by NHS England, last updated on 08 April 2021 with data up to and including 04 April 2021.
- Number of NHS Pathways triages through 111 and 999, and online assessments in 111 online which have received a potential COVID-19 final disposition - last updated on 12 April 2021 with data up to and including 11 April 2021.
- Regional infection rates estimated in the Office of National Statistics Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Study Pilot - last updated on 09 April 2021 with data up to and including 03 April 2021.
The data on cases of COVID-19 can be explored by London Borough using the tool lower down the page.
- Up to and including 04 April 2021 3,235,878 people in London had received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 538,965 had received two doses.
- On 12 April 2021 the daily number of new people tested positive for COVID-19 in London was reported as 422
- The total number of COVID-19 cases identified in London is 713,805 as at 11 April 2021, this compares to 3,822,371 cases for England as a whole
- In the most recent week of complete data, 01 April 2021 - 07 April 2021, 1,767 cases were identified in London, a rate of 20 cases per 100,000 population. This compares with 2,701 cases and a rate of 30 for the previous week.
- In the most recent week of complete data, 01 April 2021 - 07 April 2021, 15,799 cases were identified in England as a whole, a rate of 28 cases per 100,000 population. This compares with 24,572 cases and a rate of 44 for the previous week.
Data for recent days are constantly being revised as more information becomes available.
The NHS reports the number of people who have been vaccinated for COVID-19, split by area of residence and age group, as recorded on the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS) database. The latest data is for vaccines administered up to and including 04 April 2021 and reported by 08 April 2021. The percent of the population vaccinated has been calculated using ONS 2019 mid-year population estimates for people over the age of 16.
|Age band||Number of doses||Percent of population vaccinated||Number of doses||Percent of population vaccinated|
|01 April||02 April||03 April||04 April||05 April||06 April||07 April|
|Rest of England||2,524||1,861||1,728||1,675||1,912||2,179||2,153|