Due to changes in the collection and availability of data on COVID-19, as of the week commencing 10 th April 2023, this website will no longer be updated. The webpage will no longer be available as of 11 May 2023. On-going, reliable sources of data for COVID-19 are available via the COVID-19 dashboard and the UKHSA
The UK government publish daily data, updated weekly, on COVID-19 cases, vaccinations, hospital admissions and deaths. This note provides a summary of the key data for London from this release. Data are published through the UK Coronavirus Dashboard, last updated on 23 March 2023.
This update contains:
- Data on the number of cases identified daily through Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 testing at the national, regional and local authority level
- Data on the number of people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19
- Data on the number of COVID-19 patients in Hospital
- Data on the number of people who have died within 28 days of a COVID-19 diagnosis
- Data for London and London boroughs and data disaggregated by age group
Data on weekly deaths related to COVID-19, published by the Office for National Statistics and NHS, is also available.
- On 23 March 2023 the daily number of people tested positive for COVID-19 in London was reported as 2,775
- On 23 March 2023 it was newly reported that 94 people in London died within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test
- The total number of COVID-19 cases identified in London to date is 3,146,752 comprising 15.2 percent of the England total of 20,714,868 cases
- In the most recent week of complete data (12 March 2023 - 18 March 2023) 2,951 new cases were identified in London, a rate of 33 cases per 100,000 population. This compares with 2,883 cases and a rate of 32 for the previous week
- In England as a whole, 29,426 new cases were identified in the most recent week of data, a rate of 52 cases per 100,000 population. This compares with 26,368 cases and a rate of 47 for the previous week
- Up to and including 22 March 2023 6,452,895 people in London had received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 6,068,578 had received two doses
- Up to and including 22 March 2023 4,435,586 people in London had received either a third vaccine dose or a booster dose
- On 22 March 2023 there were 1,370 COVID-19 patients in London hospitals. This compares with 1,426 patients on 15 March 2023.
- On 22 March 2023 there were 70 COVID-19 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in London hospitals. This compares with 72 patients on 15 March 2023.
Update: From 1st July updates are weekly From Friday 1 July 2022, this page will be updated weekly rather than daily. This change results from a change to the UK government COVID-19 Dashboard which will move to weekly reporting. Weekly updates will be published every Thursday. Daily data up to the most recent available will continue to be added in each weekly update.
Local authority data