Oyster card journey information
This dataset provides a 5% sample of all Oyster card journeys performed in a week during November 2009 on bus, Tube, DLR, TfL Rail and London Overground.
An Oyster card user must touch in at the start, and touch out at the end, of a journey by Tube or rail, in order to validate the journey. On buses and trams, users are required to touch in to validate their journey.
- Create a visualisation of travel flows between all origin and destination points across the transport network
- Estimate journey times based on the sample journeys, taking into account the time of day
You need to register to gain access to the live feeds.
- downo - a number between 1 and 7, 1 being Sunday, 2 being Monday etc
- daytype - Sun to Sat
- SubSystem - the mode(s) of the journey. LUL - London Underground, NR - National Rail, LTB - London Buses, DLR- Docklands Light Railway, LRC - London Overground, TRAM - Croydon Tram
- StartStn - Station the journey started at
- EndStation - Station the journey ended at
- EntTime - Entry time of the journey in minutes after midnight
- EntTimeHHMM - Entry time in HH:MM text format
- ExTime - Exit time of the journey in minutes after midnight
- EXTimeHHMM - Exit time in HH:MM text format
- ZVPPT - zones of Oyster Season ticket, if used
- JNYTYP - Product types involved in the journey. PPY - Pure PAYG, TKT - Pure Oyster Season, MIXED - Combined PAYG and Oyster Season
- DailyCapping - it shows as Y when PAYG journey was capped
- FFare - Full PAYG Fare before any discounts
- Dfare - PAYG Fare after usage based discounts
- RouteID - The Route Number of the Bus, if a Bus has been boarded
- FinalProduct - Combined Product Description used for journey
Data and Resources
Sample of data
HTML TFL-website (feeds) (24.0 KB)
You must register with TFL in order to download this data.
LicenceLicense not specified
|Update Frequency||Ad hoc|
|Temporal Coverage||01/11/2009 - 30/11/2009|
|Maintainer||Transport for London|
|Created||22nd Jan 2014 at 13:17:02|
|Modified||5th Feb 2014 at 13:20:07|