Excel age range creator for GLA Projections data
This Excel based tool enables users to query the raw single year of age data so that any age range can easily be calculated without having to carry out often complex, and time consuming formulas that could also be open to human error. Each year the GLA demography team produce sets of population projections. On this page each of these datasets since 2009 can be accessed, though please remember that the older versions have been superceded. From 2012, data includes population estimates and projections between 2001 and 2041 for each borough plus Central London, Rest of Inner Boroughs, Inner London, Outer London and Greater London.
The full raw data by single year of age (SYA) and gender are available as Datastore packages at the links below.
How to use the tool: Simply select the lower and upper age range for both males and females (starting in cell C3) and the spreadsheet will return the total population for the range.
Tip: You can copy and paste the boroughs you are interested in to another worksheet by clicking: Edit then Go To (or Control + G), then Special, and Visible cells only. Then simply copy and 'paste values' of the cells to a new location.
- GLA Population Projections 2009 Round (revised), London Plan, Borough SYA
- GLA Population Projections 2009 Round (revised), SHLAA, Borough SYA
- GLA Population Projections 2010 Round, SHLAA, Borough SYA
- GLA Population Projections 2011 Round, SHLAA, Borough SYA
- GLA Population Projections 2011 Round, SHLAA, High Fertility, Borough SYA
- GLA Demographic Projections
- GLA Population Projections 2012 Round, SHLAA, Borough SYA
- GLA Population Projections 2012 Round, Trend Based, Borough SYA